Wednesday, April 27, 2016

MONA'S PRINCE TRIBUTE

Happy Blessed Wednesday Family,

Today's Mona Girl Blog, just like the title says, is ALLLL 'bout Mona's Tribute to PRINCE. Prince Rogers Nelson!

I only need to hear Purple Rain on the radio, my iPod, Pandora, etc. and I am IMMEDIATELY back with my god sister Kelli at Town & Country Movie Theatre in South Bend, IN watching and crying to the movie Purple Rain.  And then, for the rest of the night playing the soundtrack Purple Rain over and over and over on my record player. And then continuing the homage to Purple Rain with Kell the next day at Potawatomi Pool!! #GreatGreatGreatMemories!!!

Or hearing KISS and my memory immediately taking me back to my First Kiss - Whewee! We'll keep his name in the vault (smile).

Or dancing to 1999 with my girls LeAnna, Kim and Ann at JoAnn Brines School of Dance!

Or in College (shout out to Lake Forest College) playing (I mean BLASSSSSTING) The Beautiful Ones.....When Doves Cry.....*Baby, I'ma STAR**.......I Would Die For You (and doing the hand signals...Member?!?) from my dorm room in Nollen Hall....Remember Leslie, Aline and Sheryl???

Or post college, dancing the night away in Chicago with  my roommates Leslie and Bev to I wanna Be Your Lover......Let's Go Crazy...Erotic City....at Mr. Rosa's Bar, Coconuts Night Club and too many after hours spots to even mention!!

And as I got older (and still), I began to truly respect and be in awe of Prince and his Blessed Gifts....always showcasing his beyond belief Talents with pure, deep, sometimes quirky lyrics along with his skills on the piano and guitar in songs like Dreamin' About U.......Visions....I'll Always Love You (Prince on Guitar with the "94 East" Band).....How Come U Dont Call Me Anymore.......Starfish and Coffee...I Wish U Heaven......One Nite Alone.....Adore....and YESSS.....Controversy :)

And last but Not Least.......one of THE BEST surprises of my life (up to this point), was back in 2004. A guy I was dating SURPRISED me with tickets to see Prince......who was in Indianapolis for ONE Monday Night performance and MONA WAS BLESSED TO BE IN THE HOUSE!! The Concert was off the hook and what made it a truly surreal experience.........during Intermission, when Prince and his Band were scheduled to take a break.....as most folks were out in the lobby hitting the bathrooms and concessions........**PRINCE**...BY HIMSELF...WITH JUST HIS ACOUSTIC GUITAR.... RETURNED TO THE STAGE!! Thank God I didn't have to pee!!

(Rinse & Repeat).....Just **PRINCE** and his acoustic guitar, sitting in the center of the stage on a swivel bar stool, dimly lit by one spot light.......like I was in his living room, chillin with him.  And Loves, did he perform......DID HE PERFORM!!!! #JustTooMuch!! 

Prince was an Artistic Master, an Anointed Artist who Blessed and Graced this Earth with his Powerful Presence.......you could NOT listen to his songs or watch him perform and NOT be affected, drawn in by his music. Prince's Music CHANGED You!! And Prince CHANGED the Music Industry with his rebel character, consuming personality and Wisdom.  He was a VISIONARY who paved the way for many of today's artists to have their own record labels and have autonomy from the Corporate Music Studios.

I read an Awesome and very Moving Tribute/Testimony penned by Rembert Browne on how Prince touched his Soul....A MUST READ: Earth Was Lucky to Get 57 Years of Prince (LOVE the Title)!

In his writing, there is a quote by Rembert that touched My Soul, a quote I will treasure, remember, and post whereva I can.....it hit right at the Core of the True Essence of Prince....WHO He Really was and Will continue to be in our Hearts: 

"Prince stripped us down to our core his entire career.  Much like his voice, his guitar playing, and his style, he was unmatched when it came to expressing vulnerability, showing us all how to risk it all and lay it on the line.  And it wasn't always comfortable.  Prince's way of always being Prince was often met with confusion, and occasionally it wasn't accepted, but looking back, it was always necessary." - Robert Browne

Oh Yeah!! That's WHY, I Love, LOVE Me some Prince....he boldly and authentically crossed ALL social, economic and gender barriers and color lines......he deeply touched lives ALL over the world........when he spoke, folks listened!  WE ALL COULD RELATE!! HE BROUGHT A PEACEFUL REBEL SPIRIT INTO OUR LIVES!! HE MOTIVATED US!! HE CHANGED US!! HE MADE US COMFORTABLE IN OUR OWN SKIN!!

Thank YOU Prince!! THANK YOU PRINCE!! Much LOVE Star!!








"Every day I feel is a blessing from God.  And I consider it a new beginning.  Yeah, everything is beautiful." - Prince














Continued Success & Blessings!





P.S. My Metsies =  #LGM #HaveBIGFun!

 









No comments:

Post a Comment