Wednesday, July 1, 2015

HEYYYYY.....WHAT'S YOUR NAME?

Happy Blessed Wednesday Family,

Today's Mona Girl Blog is about **NAMES**.  Yeah.....this is what the Holy Spirit put on my heart to share with you today, so here we go......

What's Your Name?  Do you like Your Name? Is Your Name one that has been passed down through generation after generation in Your Family (i.e., are you a II or III or Jr.?).  Does Your Name have a sentimental meaning?

All these things come into play (or should) when our parents give us our birth names.  As we carry these important monikers throughout our lives, Our Names are our banners, our representation, and sometimes our status. I will always remember back in high school (and even now), how the guys I hung around with always called each other by their full last names or shortened versions. There were times, when we were being funny that we would call each other by our parent's first names - LOL! And there were other times, we would use nick names and most of those nick names from long ago are STILL being used......me being known as Mo or Mo Mo or Mone or Miss M.

But when all is said and done, Our Birth Names are something special.  I LOVE my name MONA (not short for Monica, Monique or Romona) - just MONA. And there are not a lot of Mona's roaming this Earth, we tend to be a special breed, so the fewer the better (smile).

My name in Greek means: Royal, in Italian: Lady and in Irish: Noble.  I remember one time in 5th Grade, we looked up each other's names in the Dictionary and my name meant: "small African monkey".....Yeah, I didn't live that down for a while.  But despite all of these meanings, nick names, etc. my parents named me Mona because there was a little girl in my Brother Mark's kindergarten class (named Mona) who my Mother just fell in love with......so here I am......M-O-N-A.........and I LIKE my Name.  Great Job - Mommy and Daddy!

"A human being's name is a principal component in his person, perhaps a piece of his soul." -Sigmund Freud

Now Family, if we Really want to do this "Name Thing" justice today, we MUST take a moment to look at the meaning of the **Most Important NAME** in Heaven and Earth.......Oh Yeah!! The NAME of Our Lord and Savior, Father God as found in His Word, The Bible.

"O Lord, our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens." (Psalm 8:1, KJV)

As you've read in many Mona Girl Blogs, I will refer to Our Lord God as Our Heavenly Father, Our Sovereign Lord, Our Abba Father and so on.  But those Names for Our Lord are just a very small reflection of WHO GOD IS. Our GOD IS sooo much More and has sooo many More Magnificent and Awesome and Powerful and Humbling Names. You can see the entire list and the very informative meanings and derivations of each of God's Mighty Names here: NAMES OF GOD.  And as the Study Resource states: God knows us by our Names, shouldn't we know Him by His?  OH YEAH!! Good Point!!


Family, I urge you to revisit, often, the above NAMES OF GOD! As you repeatedly read and understand each and every Mighty Name of God during your quiet time, Bible Study, etc......You will begin to memorize the NAMES OF GOD and use them in your daily Faith Walk.  It's overwhelming how the Power, Magnificence and LOVE of Our Wonderful Lord permeates our souls when WE KNOW HIS NAMES!! When HIS NAMES sink deep down into the depths of our hearts.  When HIS NAMES become an integral and important part of our Faith and Love for HIM! When HIS NAMES define the Powerful Audience-of-One intimate relationship we share with OUR LORD GOD!  When HIS NAMES cause us to walk, talk, speak and move with God Confidence!! Whewee!!.....That's when HIS NAMES begin to mean EVERYTHING TO US!!! Oh Yeah!!! Hallelujah!! Glory to God!! THANK YOU Lord God!! THANK YOU Holy Spirit!!!! 

My Loves, as I close out today's Mona Girl Blog, I leave you with an AWESOME, SOUL LIFTING, INSPIRING Video of the NAMES OF GOD!!  Real Talk?!? If this doesn't get your juices flowing and your heart racing for HIS Glory!!!!!!  I don't know what else will do the job. ENJOY!!






Continued Success and Blessings!!




No comments:

Post a Comment