Wednesday, May 24, 2017

COURAGE TO DECLUTTER

Happy Blessed Wednesday Family,

For the past few months, Holy Spirit's been showing me pictures of CLUTTER! Clutter in houses, Clutter in stores, Clutter on the street, Clutter in cars - Clutter, Clutter Clutter! And being aware how HE works in Mona....the ongoing visions of CLUTTER have led us right into today's Mona Girl Blog! I LOVE How Our Daddy God Works when We are Alert and Listening!

Anywho, the CLUTTER FEST manifested real time via a conversation with someone about Decluttering.  And I got to thinking...How do we get to the point that we even have Clutter in our homes in the first place?  Why do we feel the need to collect, keep, continue to add to, stockpile, hoard (the "h" word) the unnecessary stuff in our houses and spaces?

The Cambridge Dictionary defines CLUTTER: "A condition of disorder, or a lot of objects that are in a state of disorder" 

As I read the word "disorder" in the above definition, it got me thinking about when I was in my own personal Season of Accumulating Clutter and the "disorder" going on inside of Mona.  And how I was Specifically using (yeah, take my hand as I give you an uber-close-up-look into my soul) the outside/external Clutter to cover up the inside/internal Clutter in my life.  When I STOPPED long enough to take a look see behind my actions, the REAL REASON behind my Clutter Fest, it took me to a whole notha soul searching level! Oh Yeah! I was collecting Clutter on the Outside to hide/cover up the Clutter on the Inside!! Whewee! What a revelation!! (Thank You Lord).  

Loves, Clutter in Our Lives is Real.  And it's usually a sign of some deeper soul stuff that we need to Pause and Ponder for a spell to see the REAL REASON behind our subconscious actions.  And again, speaking from personal experience, I was ONLY able to STOP my Clutter Fest (which to be honest had grown into a full-blown Clutter Frenzy) when I realized I was buying/collecting more and more stuff because I was at a stage in my life (from 2009 to 2011) where I was dealing each day with the decision to step out in Faith, be Obedient to the Lord, and move to NYC after over 20+ years of living in Chicago.  It was a SCARY time in my life and the the act of shopping and collecting unnecessary stuff was distracting me from some Real Life Issues I was NOT willing to deal with...Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt, Trusting God to name just a few (smile).

But OH Loves, I've got good news for Us!! Once I spent some time doing some honest and a tad uncomfortable soul searching; along with riding shotgun with a couple Holy Spirit provided Scriptures that I personalized ("And my God will supply ALL my needs according to the riches of His Glory in Christ Jesus" - Philippians 4:19 and "I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me" - Philippians 4:13); Staying In and Soaking In His Word - The Bible; and of course some much needed Prayer Time alone and with a confidant ..............I was able to put a STOP to my Clutter Fest Frenzy.......Purge/Donate mostly ALL the Clutter Fest items (which Blessed Others in the process) and move forward with what Our Daddy God had NEXT for Me.....a good, new life in NYC Clutter Free! I finally had the COURAGE TO DECLUTTER........Inside & Out!!

Now I'm not saying it was as EASY as it appears typed out in the above paragraph but it was NOT as painful and traumatic as one would imagine.  But again, once I got the COURAGE TO DECLUTTER, it Truly became easier to release from my life those things that were causing me to Clutter up my home and my life!! And Family, as a Clutter Freak in Recovery, I can Honestly say - There's NOTHING like **FREEDOM FROM CLUTTER**.....Inside & Out! You and Your Home Will Look and Feel Better!!

Loves, as I close out our time together today, I leave you with a couple Scriptures to mediate/ponder on regarding your personal Clutter Fest and hope you get to the point where you finally have the COURAGE TO DECLUTTER!!

Jesus looked closely at the man.  He liked him and said, "There's one thing you still need to do. Go sell everything you own.  Give the money to the poor, and you will have riches in heaven.  Then come with me." (Mark 10:21, CEV)

"This is how it will be with whoever stores up things for themselves but is not rich toward God." Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear.  For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes.  Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them.  And how much more valuable you are than birds!" (Luke 12:21-24, NIV)

"For God is not the author of confusion but of peace........" (1 Corinthians 14:33, NKJV)








Continued Success & Abundant Blessings!!







Mets Gushing Moment:




Oh Yeah! Take it Step By Step!!


Keep the Hot Bats HITTIN and the Confidence FLOWIN!




Metsies Winning Season - Scripture #16:
"It is dangerous to be concerned with what others think of you, but if you trust the Lord, you are safe." (Proverbs 29:25, GNT)






No comments:

Post a Comment