Wednesday, January 30, 2019

IT'S......................#EncoreWednesday!!

Happy Blessed Wednesday Family,

Well Loves, Today's the Last Wednesday of the Month and Y'all Know what *That* Means!  Soooooo Let's. Get. To. IT.................

For Today's **Featured  Message** for #EncoreWednesday!, we get a helping hand from our Sister Zoe in Miami, Florida (Thanks Zoe!! LOVE your *Name* & LOVE Miami - The Food!!, Breakfast in Little Havana, Beach/Spa Time, Shopping/People Watching on Lincoln Road, Chillin on Espanola Way, etc., etc.!! 😎) who's taking us back to WHEELS UP!!! from Wednesday, April 8, 2015. Zoe said she was reminded of This Post when she read last week's UPLIFTING WORD!!!!!!!! 😍


**Remember**: Email me at wincty@aol.com; Post in Comments below; PM me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/mona.eskridge; or DM me on Twitter at @MonaGirlNYC; to have your Fave Mona Girl  Blog re-posted the last Wednesday of the month for #EncoreWednesday!


***********************************************************

***WHEELS UP!!!***

Happy Blessed Wednesday Family,

Today's Mona Girl Blog is about FLYING!! Sometimes I get tickled when Our Lord puts on my heart what to write about each Wednesday and today's message prompting is **FLYING** - LOL! Sooooo, please make sure your seat back is in the up right position, your tray table locked, cell phone/laptops and all electronic devices with an on/off switch turned off, seat belt securely fastened...........and Here We Go!!

Since I was a little girl, I have Always LOVED to FLY.  I remember taking family vacations and I would get so excited the days prior in anticipation of  getting to ride on an airplane with my family!!  And when I took my first solo flight as a teenager to see relatives in Los Angeles - whewee!! My excitement level was off the charts!! I LOVE watching the pilots do their standard security/maintenance checks of their plane, the flight attendants greeting as you board, the baggage handlers loading passenger luggage (fingers ALWAYS crossed that my luggage makes the flight), ground traffic control, air traffic controllers in the tower, and the many, many other folks who are an integral part of this precise and strategically orchestrated Flight Team.  I am obsessed with details and organization (hence why I'm a Meeting/Event Producer) and I LOVE watching all the pieces of this grand flight puzzle come together for one final action.......one end result.......WHEELS UP!!!

Whether it's a puddle/island jumper in the Caribbean, a Heavy (757) or any size plane in between, I LOVE every single exhilarating moment from take off to landing.  As a child, I would lay flat on my back on the grass and watch the planes fly wayyyyyyy up in the sky, watching the exhaust of the engines leave a long white trail that would eventually morph into the design of the clouds.  And as an adult, I will ALWAYS take time to glance up or out a window during the day when I hear a plane overhead or spend a few peaceful moments at night watching a plane with it's jewel-toned navigation lights move smoothly and effortlessly across a dark night sky. When I'm watching my Metsies at Citi Field, I enjoy seeing the planes take off/land at La Guardia as they thunderously skim a few hundred feet above the Stadium.  Oh Yeah.....#Goosebumps!

I know one of the main reasons I LOVE to FLY is that FLYING puts me in a Peaceful place!  Once I'm airborne, music on the my ipod, the plane's engines humming - it's Nap Time for Mona!! And throughout the flight, My Lord will give me a little nudge from time to time to get me to open my eyes and see HIS AWESOMENESS.....HIS MIGHTY WORK in the Heavens.  Big puffy billowing pillows of white against a brilliant blue sky, reflecting little diamond shimmers of bright yellow sunlight, with vibrant green patches of land thousands of miles below.........Oh Yeah!  It's like having a front row seat with God whispering in my ear: "here's a birds eye view of my Mighty Handywork......an Amazing Masterpiece created just for your viewing Mona"!!  And don't get me started on when it is raining on the ground and as the pilot navigates our climb to the designated altitude....BAM!!  We instantly burst through the dark clouds into the magnificent, radiant sunlight.......once again revealing Our Lord's AWESOMENESS in the Heavens!! "He is the maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them -- he remains faithful forever." (Psalm 146:6, NIV)

I know there are some of you saying.....Really Mona!?!  Is it that serious!?! And my reply is an emphatic YES, IT IS!!  When you approach and experience FLYING this way.......you can't  help but be elevated (literally) to a whole new level in your *Seeing God in Everything*......in your "touchy/feely" time with Our Heavenly Father. One my dearest friends (Hi Christopher) has been a flight attendant for United for eons and he LOVES, LOVES what he does (flawlessly working the 1st Class JFK/Paris route). And to listen to him talk about going to "work"......you can hear the Joy in his voice (despite some flaky passengers from time-to-time) that he gets from his time in the friendly skies. 😇

Family, as I close out today's Mona Girl Blog, if you are not a fan of FLYING, I encourage you to give it a different look/another chance next time it's WHEELS UP!!! for you.  There's truly nothing like being up in the Heavens in God's Country!! And just you watch.......Our Heavenly Father will give you a private show of His Mighty Handy Work in the skies.......an Amazing Masterpiece created just for your viewing. 




"I decided to fly through the air and live in the sunlight and enjoy life as much 
as I could." (Evel Knievel)







Continued Success & Abundant Blessings!




Metsie's Off-Season Scripture #18:




No comments:

Post a Comment