Wednesday, January 14, 2015

ARE YOU SCURRRED?? #NOfear!!

Hi Family,

This Wednesday's Mona Girl Blog is ALL about that pesky, negative emotion - Fear.  I read somewhere that "FEAR" is the acronym for "False Evidence Appearing Real".  Hmmmmm "False".......that means Not True.  That means that when life's stuff causes us to fear, that when we allow fear to exist in our lives and thoughts, that when we allow fear to exist and roam free unchecked.....We are acting in a way that is NOT TRUE to our character our nature.  And if we are truly walking with the Lord, we really should not fear anyone or anything, right?? "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." (Psalm 23:4). Oh Yeah!!! That Mighty Scripture was written by King David (one of my fave Men in the Bible) and let me tell you, King David had PLENTY to fear.  But as you read the Book of Psalms, you will see that even though he feared for his life on too many occasions to count, even though he had every reason to retreat and give in to fear.....King David did not let fear grip him.  The Man after God's own Heart took comfort in his intimate, one-on-one relationship with God.  He knew that God would guide and protect him through ANY kind of fears that came his way.  He walked and lived out (daily) "God's now at my side and I'm not afraid; who would dare lay a hand on me?" (Psalm 118:6, MSG).

Yeah, I know......MUCH easier said than done.  I can truly raise my hand in the class that at times when fear has reared its ugly head, I've given in.  I've cringed and retreated.  I've turned and ran (sprinted) the other way. I've desperately cried out to my Lord for immediate HELP!! I've turned to family and friends for relief.  I've panicked.  The list goes on and on for how I've dealt with fear.  But today I am here to share some Good News with you!!  The closer I continue to live/walk with My Lord, the shorter the "Fear Fuse" has over me. Instead of letting fear tick away at my heart, mind and soul like a time bomb.....because I am walking with God, I can snuff out the "Fear Fuse" before it overtakes me....before it cripples me.....before it knocks me down. How do I do this?? I face fear with God's Word. The more Scriptures I have in my arsenal to fire away when fear strikes, the easier it is each time to deal with the Untruth of "False Evidence Appearing Real." That's why memorizing Scriptures, having God's Word written down in your journal, saving Scriptures on your phone, carrying Scriptures in your wallet/purse, sharing Scriptures with friends/family, posting Scriptures around your home, etc. will help you face your fears and courageously walk out this thing called life.

I know, I know......I can hear you saying: "Mona, you have NOOOOO idea what I am dealing with.  With what's going on in my life, I have every right to be fearful, to live in fear." Yep, You are right, I don't know what you're dealing with but I do know this: because I've experienced fears that have shaken me to my absolute core, fears that have almost crushed and wounded me beyond repair, because I've looked fear head on, I can say without hesitation or reservation......BUT God!  God and His Mighty Word is how I've managed.  God and His Promises in Scripture is how I've survived.  My relationship with God is how I've been able to continue to LIVE, FUNCTION and HELP others who fear has/is trying to consume!!

Easy - NO, doable YES.  Following are some Scriptures to help you combat fear and to help you begin to stock your Scripture Arsenal. Read them, memorize them, right them down, share them, carry them with you.  You are now equipping yourself with the necessary/required tools that will enable you to stand strong and tall the next time fear rears its ugly head in your life.

    Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and of good courage, do not fear or be afraid of them; for the Lord you God, He is the One who goes with you.  He will not leave you nor forsake you.
    Psalms 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
    Proverbs 29:25 The fear of man brings a snare: but whoever puts his trust in the LORD shall be safe.
    Isaiah 41:13 For I the LORD your God will hold your right hand, saying to you, Fear not; I will help you.
    Mark 4:40 And he said to them, Why are you so fearful? how is it that you have no faith?
    John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you: not as the world gives, give I to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
    2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
    Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as you have: for he has said, I will never leave you, nor forsake you.
    Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say:  The Lord is my helper, I will not fear.  What can man do to me?

And two more ESSENTIALS that are a MUST for You:

1) Daily Word: www.dailyword.com (Free Daily Inspirational and Encouraging Messages that are short and to the point, couple short paragraphs at most). Each Daily Word ends with a take-away Scripture for you :)

2) Jesus Calling by Sarah Young (Daily Messages just like God is speaking directly to YOU that end with take-away Scriptures you can look up in your Bible) (Amazon.com Hard Cover: $9.11 and Kindle $7.99).

OK. So are you With ME?!?  *WE* can do this!  *WE* can face our fears, our "False Evidence Appearing Real".  *WE* no longer have to allow fear to steal our Joy and Peace.  It takes practice (lots of practice) and it requires discipline (lots of discipline) but I AM IN IF YOU ARE!! "Fear knocked at the door and I said Jesus will you get that please?" (Anonymous)

Continued Success and Blessings My Family.


No comments:

Post a Comment