Wednesday, February 25, 2015

PLAY BALL!!!!!! #LetsGoMets!

Happy Blessed Wednesday Family,

Wellllll, it's almost that time of year!!  I AM A HUGE Baseball Fan!! AND my FAVE Team is The New York Mets!!  YES.....I can hear some of you laughing but I LOVE my Metsies and I am sticking by My Team!  Only 40 days until Opening Day and as a loyal Mets Fan, I continue to have *HOPE* in MY Team each and every Season!!

We have a lot to be excited about this year.....our Ace and our Closer returning strong from Tommy John surgery, some seasoned Vets are back and ready to show their stuff, our young guys are eager to prove AND our Starting Pitching Rotation will hopefully pitch us into a Wild Card spot.  YES....I said Wild Card and not Play Offs (Baby Steps).  But I KNOW when we reach the Wild Card spot.......the next step into the Play Offs will be a piece of cake :)

In addition to being a Big Fan of the NY Mets, I LOVE all types of sports (my FAVE station being ESPN) and I enjoy attending Live sporting events, especially baseball games.  I've been BLESSED to have a ticket broker who gives me the hook up AND to have friends (shout out to Darrell/Scott and Dr. Bertie) who treat Mona to a game or two each season.  Matter of fact, my friend Bert has become such a fan (and we sooo enjoy going to games together) that a few years ago, Bert and I flew to Puerto Rico to see the Mets vs. the Marlins at the historical Hiram Bithorn Stadium in San Juan......where they play the World Baseball Classic. Whewee!! #FunTimes!!

One of the main reasons I LOVE Baseball and watching games in person, is because the Baseball Stadiums are so PEACEFUL. My favorite games to attend are *Night Games*.........first pitch around 7:00'ish as the sun is setting, lights coming on in the Stadium, a cool summer breeze blowing through the ballpark, my FAVE team on the field, nice cold beverage in my hand, the company of good friend(s) and as the game nears the later innings - the Stars and Moon making their appearance to cap off a PERFECT night at the Ballpark. Even if my Metsies don't get a "W", NOTHING beats an evening at the ballpark.

Another reason I am a Big Baseball/Sports Fan in general is because I really admire the tenacity, focus, sacrifice, endurance of Athletes. No matter what level of Athlete (little leaguers, highschool, college, or professional), I get a rush watching a talented Athlete showcase his/her God-given Gifts at the highest level!! And I LOVE the fact that some of these Athletes perform at a high level of excellence ALL for the Glory of God!! "For God has bought you with a great price.  So use every part of your body to give glory back to God because he owns it." (1 Corinthians 6:20, TLB) .  

I grew up in a home where Sports/Athletics was on the Menu.  From my Mother being a gym teacher/cheer leading coach in her younger days as a school teacher to my Father being an avid and INCREDIBLE golfer to my Brother playing Hockey since I was in diapers to Mona coming out of the womb as a little league/ cheer leader/dance teacher to my Mother/Father/Me bowling on Church Leagues.......my Family was sports oriented.....which I know led to Mark and me being highly driven and competitive (smile).

As I close out today's Mona Girl Blog, I give a BIG Cheer to ALL the Athletes out there who LOVE what they DO and DO what they LOVE for the Glory of God!!  Our Heavenly Father Blessed you with these Mighty Gifts/Skills and BRAVO to YOU for honing your talents and continuing to Perform and Shine at a high level of excellence!! Shout out to NY Knicks Shane Larkin, whose tattoo reads: "To Whom Much is Given, Much is Required." (Luke 12:48)......Oh Yeah......#HeGetsIt!

YAHOO!!! Me Excited!! Are You?!?  "40 Days and Counting until Opening Day"!!  Besides the Lenten/Easter Season.....Baseball Season is one of my FAVE times of the year :)  And I KNOW that I KNOW that I KNOW My Heavenly Father is a New York Mets Fan!! AND how do I know this for sure?!?  Because Our Lord is a Believer and Rewarder of Long Suffering! LOL!!  

Hold On Mets Fans!  Our Day of **VICTORY & REDEMPTION** is coming very, very soon!!





God Luck to YOU and your favorite Baseball Team this year!! AND let me know in the Comments below who you route for. We can encourage each other this Season :)


Continued Success and Blessings Family!!

2 comments: